Vice President, Strategic Consulting
The Vice President of Strategic Consulting will lead the custom research practice.
The candidate we seek will pro-actively market Insight's custom research capabilities to the existing client base while also developing new clients. The goal of the Vice President of Strategic Consulting is to establish Insight as the premiere resource for telecommunications strategic business consulting, building on Insight's already impeccable reputation as a leader in telecom market research.
- Project sales & marketing: stimulate business opportunities with key clients (telecom carriers, equipment vendors, users, investors)
- Develop and respond to requests for quotes on custom consulting: fully understand clients needs and communicate Insight's ability to meet them
- Establish image of Insight as telecom reference firm: give presentations at industry conferences,
nurture press contacts
- Project implementation: develop plans for meeting client's objectives, define real needs, plan to exceed client's expectations
- Allocate resources to maximize productivity and responsiveness: strive to match skills to backgrounds of analysts, use assistants for best effectiveness
- Participate in research to respond to client's needs: take leadership on several projects, assist on others, oversee all
- Write reports and make presentations of results: assure meeting the client's expectations
- Seek follow-up assignments: develop creative proposals based on initial assignment
- Assist in recruiting appropriate personnel: analysts, researchers, writers, editors
Qualified candidate is required to have at least five to ten years experience in the telecom industry, either at an equipment supplier or carrier. Former responsibilities should encompass marketing, engineering, planning, and/or management.
Candidate also must possess at least five years experience in custom telecom consulting, with proven success selling consulting services. Background must contain projects in strategic planning, technology assessment, and business valuation.
Qualified candidate will posses a Bachelor's degree in marketing or engineering. MBA or advanced degree is preferred but not required.
Base salary in six figures, plus aggressive incentive package. Equity participation to be negotiated. Generous benefits package, including full health care, pension fund, and last week of the year paid vacation.
Send a curriculum vitae and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 973-541-9660. Alternatively, you may choose to send via postal mail:
Vice President of Strategic Consulting
The Insight Research Corporation
718 Main Street
Boonton, NJ 07005
No phone calls, please.